Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Liberian Pageants talks to Miss Liberia Maryland 2006-2007 Chelesy Abrams



As Miss Liberia Maryland, what is your platform?
As Miss Liberia Maryland, I like to focus on financial literacy. I have a background in accounting and understand the importance of proper financial management. I believe this is something all young Liberians should be aware of in order to help them excel in life.

Chelsey, tell me about your pageant experience. What was the thing you enjoyed the most about your trip to Philadelphia?
The pageant experience was one like no other. I really enjoyed getting out there and interacting with the people. We did some promotions for the pageant and meet and greets with people around the city. It was really nice.

How did your relate to your fellow contestants.
The other girls and I had a great deal of respect for one another. We all were cordial and supportive and still keep in touch.

What was your biggest challenge preparing for the National Competition?
My biggest challenge preparing for the National Competition was deciding and preparing my talent.

As a state queen you are seen as a role model to the Liberian youth in Maryland. Tell me what is the biggest problem you see facing the Liberian youth in Maryland today?

One of the biggest problems I see facing Liberian youth in Maryland is media influence. I believe there are so many youth that strive to emulate some of the media figureheads that they sometimes lose sight of reality.
Who do you look to as a role model and why?
I look at all the women in my family as role models. I have so many beautiful and intelligent women who are great mothers, friends, sisters, cousins, and overall good people who have made something of their lives achieving high educational goals and standards.

What would you like to tell young ladies who are considering to participate in the next Miss Liberia Maryland State Pageant?
Stay strong, know who you are and be proud and confident in who you are. People will see the good example you are leading and will want to follow in your footsteps.

Where do you see yourself in the next ten years???
In the next ten years I see myself as a successful business woman, running my own tax firm and non-profit scholarship organization. I also see myself with a family enjoying life to the fullest.

When your reign as Miss Liberia Maryland ends, how would you like to be remembered?
When my reign as Miss Liberia Maryland ends, I would like to be remembered as a good role model.

No comments: